For extra security, we highly recommend enabling multi factor authentication for your Server Density login. This means you need to generate a time based code every time you wish to log in, in addition to your username and password.
Enabling multi factor authentication
- Log into your Server Density account then click your name in the top left then click Security.
- Click the button to turn on multi factor authentication. Using an authenticator app (see the bottom of this page for links), scan the barcode and then enter in the code that the app generates to verify the connection.
- Everything is now set up and you can close the Preferences panel. You can add multiple tokens if you wish.
- Log out and log back in again to test you are able to get back into your account successfully.
Our implementation of multi factor authentication uses the open source Google Authenticator standard, also known as two factor authentication. This means you can use any app which supports the standard. Some options are:
- Google Authenticator (visit link on your device)
Windows Phone 7.5/8