Configure the Server Density agent to monitor your Marathon framework to:
• Collect important metrics, such as framework performance
• Identify overall server slowdowns caused by the framework
Note: This plugin is still in development and is not yet available to install. We will add new plugins to our release notes.
Configuring the agent to monitor Marathon
1. Configure /etc/sd-agent/conf.d/marathon.yaml
- url: the API endpoint of your Marathon master
- If you wish to specify an API timeout or use authentication to view the master info, amend the rest of the config file as necessary
2. Restart the agent
sudo /etc/init.d/sd-agent restart
Verifying the configuration
Execute info to verify the configuration with the following:
sudo /etc/init.d/sd-agent info
If the agent has been configured correctly you’ll see an output such as:
marathon ----- - instance #0 [OK] - Collected 1 metrics & 0 events
Click the name of your server from the Devices list in your Server Density account then go to the Metrics tab. Click the + Graph button on the right then choose the Marathon metrics to display the graphs. The metrics will also be available to select when building dashboard graphs.