Release notes for the Server Density *nix agent (Linux, Mac and FreeBSD). Get the source code on GitHub.
2.0.0 (Nov 2015)
See v2 agent release notes.
1.14.3 (Mar 17 2016)
- Essential change to the postback URL for legacy (v1) agent customers
1.14.1 (June 11 2015)
- Ability to filter RabbitMQ queues (see agent config options)
1.14.0 (May 14 2015)
- Set correct ownership for the sd-agent folder & files when installed using the Debian package
- Include agent proxy support (see agent config options)
- Force C locale to prevent localized command outputs
- Better handle RabbitMQ cluster partition metrics
- Prevent sar outputing errors when the drive stats table is out of sync
- Fix for gathering IO stats properly on OS X devices
1.13.4 (Sept 29 2014)
- PEP8 compliance
- Improved init script to be more compliant with the Linux way of things
- Improved error handling for plugins for when they return nothing
- SDv1 URLs (ending in .com) deprecated
- Support for MongoDB over SSL
- Fixed crash on MySQL replication
1.13.3 (Jun 2 2014)
Note this was first released as 1.13.3 and then re-released as 18.104.22.168 due to a packaging error.
- Added support for collecting meta data about attached persistent disks on Google Compute Engine.
- Added automatic execution of mtr (if available) for traceroute collection when agent in debug mode.
- Fixed RabbitMQ credentials leakage via other HTTP requests the agent might make and to the SD postback. Reported by Jesse Young.
1.13.2 (Jan 6 2014)
- Added "ALL" aggregated CPU stats which helps with servers with many CPU cores so you can see averaged stats across all cores.
- Added disk i/o stats on OS X
- Added CPU stats on OS X
- When there is an error in MySQL replication, MySQL reports the Seconds_Behind_Master status as NULL. This is now handled and reported as -1 to allow alerting.
- Fixed bug with trying to process RabbitMQ stats when no config details present.
- Disabled the recordStats output which was introduced in MongoDB 2.4 and causes a read lock, which can slow down agent execution and have an effect on the mongod server itself.
- Fixed memory stats on OS X 10.9 Mavericks
1.12.4 (Mar 3 2013)
- Fix debug logging being on by default
1.12.3 (Mar 3 2013)
- Support for MongoDB 2.4 after a change in server output
- Support for Server Density V2 urls
- Graph network stats for OSX version > 10.7.5
- Default to https in the config example url
- Added plugin directory path logging
- Iterate a DNS lookup in the case of a failure, for Redhat / Fedora
- Fix printing of tty messages on OSX
- Fix reporting of available memory when measured in Gigabytes on OSX
- Fix basic auth in RabbitMQ 3
1.11.4 (Jun 25 2012)
- Added support for custom MySQL port and socket (see agent config options)
- Added an option to disable MySQL replication checks to prevent verbose error logging (see agent config options)
- Added authentication support for Apache status URLs (see agent config options)
- Removed use of signal timeout handlers in most cases due to them causing more problems than they solve.
- Improved some debug logging output.
- Fixed a bug where the agent sees processes as bool, not list which could cause a crash.
- Fixed a bug with handling unicode in the JSON payload when posting back
- Fixed agent hanging when running disk usage check against a failed nfs mount
- Handle TypeError for JSON serialization failures
- Additional checks against negative Apache values
- Fixed disk-usage check crashes agent when receiving unexpected values
- Fixed issue with escaping process names
- Fixed disk usage parsing doesn't gracefully deal with - instead of a number
- Fixed memory statistics not correctly parsed on OS X 10.7.3
- Fixed crash when server out of memory during CPU check
1.11.3 (Oct 28 2011)
- Fixed a bug with RabbitMQ stats on Python 2.4
- Support custom ports and sockets for MySQL
- Fix bug with signal timeouts caused by slow commands and/or networking issues
- Agent now works correctly on OS X 10.7 Lion
- More logging for debug purposes
1.11.2 (Jul 7 2011)
- Fixed bug where multiple agent processes could run simultaneously
- Fixed bug where agent process could hang on older Python versions (<= 2.4)
- Fixed plugin extraction process for older Python versions (<= 2.4)
1.11.1 (May 26 2011)
- Fixed plugin installer for older Python versions (< 2.6)
1.11.0 (May 22 2011)
- Plugin installer for the new plugin app store
- % CPU stats in addition to CPU load
1.10.4 (May 9 2011)
- MySQL errors now logged as ERROR not DEBUG
- Fixed incorrect path with init script
- Added signal timeouts to all external calls to prevent network issues causing the agent to hang
- Fixed bug fetching memory stats on OS X
- Fixed bug with process names being truncated on FreeBSD
1.10.3 (Apr 5 2011)
- Properly handle cases where network interfaces report no data.
- Fixed bug with Apache showing negative req/s if restarted.
- Strip out special characters in process names to prevent JSON errors on postback.
- Handle network traffic values less than 0.
- Changed optimeDate and heartbeat calculations to use UTC.
- Fixed bug where load average on OS X would not be returned.
- Fix for duplicate RabbitMQ queue names across multiple vhosts
- Fixed bugs with network traffic reporting on FreeBSD.
- Parse sysinfo if available on FreeBSD, otherwise fall back.
- Added ability to set logging level into agent config.
- Fix issue with unsubscriptable bool when assuming certain payload items will exist
- geturl() is not available in Python 2.4 so we can just return the config value.
1.10.2 (Mar 1 2011)
- Fixed bug with MongoDB URI parsing for "localhost"
1.10.1 (Feb 28 2011)
- Fixed Apache busy/idle workers not being posted back.
- Added support for MongoDB URIs.
- Handle nginx exception.
- Improve exception handling for killing Popen processes.
- Fixed incorrect formatting string causing crash on OS X.
- Improved plugin directory handling when empty.
1.10.0 (Feb 15 2011)
- Fixed bug with Apache showing negative req/s if restarted.
- New advanced MongoDB monitoring.
- Improved logging to output INFO all the time, with log rotation. New debug mode option for more details.
- Reworked default config file to separate into sections to make it easier to read for new users.
- Fixed bug with parsing iostat output.
- Added support for RabbitMQ 2.x
- Improved exception handling to prevent some crash cases.
- Improved plugin exception handling and logging.
- Added some file exists checking for key files.