If your Microsoft SQL Server metrics are not showing, you may have a custom performance counter prefix which you need to tell the Server Density agent about.
- Start Performance Monitor by clicking Start, Run... and typing
- Right-click in the performance counter list and click Add Counters...
- In the Available counters list, scroll until you see a counter that starts with
SQLServer:Access Methods. You do not need to actually add any counters - this is just to verify they exist.
- If you do not have any that start
SQLServer:there may be a different prefix, e.g.
MSSQL$A140220:Access Methods. In this case, you have a custom prefix which is
- Open the Server Density tray application or the configuration tool from the Start menu and enter the Custom performance counter prefix in the appropriate box. Then you should start seeing the metrics appear within a few minutes.